Do you want to put your photo onto a ceramic mug or plate but don’t know the procedure?
If your answer is YES, then this post is for you.
Using your PC and inkjet printer you can make your custom graphic design that is perfect for gift giving, holidays, special occasions, corporate giveaways, personalized home gifts, or a souvenir item.
To do it you will need the following materials: waterslide inkjet deal paper, transfer/film solution, inkjet printer, scissors, hairdryer, and basin/bowl with water.
1. Design your decals using any graphic software program.
2. Print the image on the glossy side of the decal paper using your inkjet printer
* Printer setting Resolution = Best
* Paper = Photo Gloss
3. Spray your printed sheet evenly with transfer solution. Allow to dry completely. Use hair dryer for quick drying.
4. Cut out the decal/image as close as possible to the actual design using scissors.
5. Place image into a basin of water for 45-60 seconds and remove when the thin decal film begins to slip along backing. (Discard backing material after the decal has been removed)
6. Place your image (gently slide the decal) in desired position on a mug or plate. Use a clean damp cloth or soft tissue to wipe off excess water and remove any air bubbles that may appear
7. Air dry. Allow setting time of about 3 hours or you. (You can speed up drying time by placing your decorated object under/near a fan)
9. When the image is completely dry, oven dry it using medium temperature (optional). If you wish to protect your decorated item from surface scratches, moisture, or fading then spray your dried decorated surface with an acrylic varnish
Enjoy learning Be creative.